Monday, October 6, 2008

A Change of Routine

It was very strange visit today at the oncologist. There was no blood drawn for the first time since I set foot in the place, I didn't talk with my sweet research nurses, I didn't get any pre-meds prior to my chemo, & the chemo infusion only took 30 minutes. I'm not complaining either!! I will miss the nurses I have gotten close to over the past year. LeAnn & Shelley are angels, as well as great nurses. My primary care dr's office called & got some insurance info, so hopefully I will find out soon when my appointment at MD Anderson will be. I have had quite a bit of pain today. Enough to have to take pain meds on schedule. The pain has crept down into my lower left leg. This is something new. The prayers to relieve my pain this past week have been heard & answered by my sweet Lord, so please continue. So many of you have asked what you can do & this is what I need. Pray for a miracle of healing. That no more bone lesions will appear in anymore areas. Pray for daily strength to do the "mommy jobs" that I enjoy. My children are that beacon of light in my life & they keep me going more than anything. I find myself loving on them constantly. They are such good children, I must brag a moment, & the most wonderful thing about them is knowing they are children of the LORD! We surprised my mother yesterday at church. My sister was in for Race for the Cure so she went to Sunday school & church with her. The children & I walked in the same time they were going to the sanctuary & mom was elated to see us. They had the Lord's Supper & this was Austin's first time to partake since becoming a Christian. It was hard to hold back the tears watching both of my children. It is such a comfort knowing that both know & love the Lord.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are amazing. What you wrote brought tears to my eyes. I continue to pray and ask BIG things of the Lord for you...LIFE, HEALING, COMPLETE RESTORATION and for JOY...I love that the answers are already coming! Love you!