Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Answered Prayers & Wonderful Friends
As of today, it has been four days since I had any type of pain med. This is huge! I have all you prayer warriors out there to thank for continuing to lift me up daily to our Lord. I also got some great news yesterday from the insurance company. They called to let me know that there was a miscommunication and that Avastin would be covered as a stand alone drug. Meaning that the Taxotere that I took last week did not have to be given along with the Avastin for them to pay. WOOHOO!!!! So I suffered last week in vain. The poor insurance lady had to listen to me sob because I was so happy to know I didn't have to take that stuff again & I could keep my hair at least for a while longer. I seriously thought I was dying last Wednesday. God is so good!! He is answering so many prayers! Anthony & I leave for Sloan Kettering in NYC on Monday afternoon. My appointment is 8:30 & 9:00am Tuesday & we are coming back Tuesday night. Thank goodness we voted last week. My mom is coming to stay with the kids & Winnie. Again, I thank you all who read this & remember us in prayer. It means so much being covered in love, encouragement, & prayers. Also thank you to all my friends who help us out by bringing meals, transport our children here & there, run errands, take me to chemo & pick me up, & are just there for us. I can never repay or write enough thank you notes (I'm so far behind), for all you have done. I said in my last blog how last week I would had soon forget, but I must apologize for chemo brain having kicked in again. A small group of women made Tuesday of last week an unforgettable day for me. They had a surprise belated birthday party for me. We had a delicious lunch & endless conversation until it was time to pick up children. Melanie, Jeanine, Amy, Lisa, Amy, Connie...I love you all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
With tears of joy I say..."PRAISE THE LORD AND GLORY TO GOD!!!!" I can't wait to see what He does next. You are amazing, a true inspiration, and I am so thankful to call you my friend!
What great news! Praying for your trip!
Have a wonderful and safe trip. Everything will go great!
Missy
Hope that you have a safe trip and hear the good news that I am praying for! Hip Hip Hooray for no pain meds!!!
Have a safe trip and I hope that you hear the good news that I am praying for! Hip Hip Hooraaaayyy for no pain meds!
i will be thinking about you the next couple of days while you are travelling and visiting the dr's in nyc. i will be looking forward to seeing good news posted!
Post a Comment