Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sapped

I can't believe it's the weekend again! I know time didn't fly like this when I was my childrens' ages. Soon it will be Monday also. I only have my taxol this coming week...thank goodness. This has been a difficult few days. I could feel the effects of Monday's treatment kicking in on Tuesday night. We were at the funeral home for Dr. Bradley (my OB/GYN & Anth's colleague) & I could feel my energy escaping me. Wednesday morning I felt like I had the flu. Anth got the kids off to school without my help. Thursday morning was the same thing. Both were wasted days in the bed. I laid there thinking of what all I needed to be doing & it made me mad. I'm not like this. Don't get me wrong, I have never been a morning person, but staying there all day is just irritating to me. Friday I got my hair cut & highlighted. It has become "more me" now. Saturday was Abby's first basketball game of the season. I had a rough start, but finally got to feeling better just getting out & seeing her out there playing her hardest. Thanks to all of you I got to see today for your kind words, hugs, etc. Sorry this is an abbreviated entry, but I am fighting a cold & starting to feel bad again. Pray my counts stay up so I can get the dose I need on Monday.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:16-19

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for health, my friend. Love the scripture you put at the end...that is definitely what I am asking for you.

Unknown said...

Hey, my friend. I just wanted you to know I tagged you for an award! :) Love you!

Glo said...

Arthanise,

You rock! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. It was truly and honor to "carry" you on my back and what an awesome privilege to intercede on your behalf.

I hope you are feeling better today.

Praying hard!

Glo said...

Arthanise,

As I was praying for you this evening, a scripture came to mind that was shared with me during a very dark time in my life. I wanted to share it with you this evening as well. Parenthesis are my thoughts and prayers for you dear one.

Psalm 63

O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. (As you walk through your treatments you may feel physically, emotionally, and spiritually as though you are in a desert. It is my prayer that you would yearn for the Lord during this time)

Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You. (Even though we have never met, I can tell from your words shared through this blog that you have seen the Lord of Hosts in His sanctuary and you praise Him).

So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. (Each of our days our numbered. Only God knows when we will be taken from our earthly bodies to join Him for eternity, but He desires us to praise Him and glorify Him for all our days. Thank you for choosing to glorify Him through your struggle.)

My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth offers praises with joyful lips. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate of You in the night watches.

For You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy. (I truly believe as we sing in the shadow of the Lord's wings that He also sings over us. Let His words be a healing balm to your soul)

My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me. (Cling to your Heavenly Father! Cry out to Him. On those days when the pain is too much to bear ask Him to take it away. If He does give thanks, if He doesn't give thanks anyway, knowing that He upholds you.)

David goes on in this Psalm to talk of those who seek to destroy his life, whose mouths speak lies. My prayer is that when Satan tries to destroy you, when he speaks lies to your soul, that the Word of God would cover you. That you may meditate on the truth. You are loved. You are precious in the sight of the Lord. He knows your name and He cares for every detail of your life.

I am sorry this comment is so long or if I sound as though I am preaching. I just could not help but share.

Stacey H said...

Hey there chicadee! It's been a few days since I was able to log on b/c I was traveling on business. Good to hear your positive stories about your "hair" experience... :-)Continue always to have that positve attitude and when it begins to drop, our Lord is there to pick you up, give you a hug and get your focus back to where it needs to be...........On Him!

Love you loads and I'll call you soon.

In Prayer for you always,

Stacey

winnie said...

I try to pray for you everyday, and I have faith that God will take care of you and lead you through this. God works in funny ways. I started my new job today, and there was a PT girl who did an inservice that looked alot like you. She probably thought I was weird because I kept staring at her.......Winnie

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to see Abby's game. I know that was tiring and exciting all at the same time. Keep that positive spirit, we are all praying for healing and strength for you. Just when you think you can't go another step HE is there to hold you up. Love you, Barb:)