We rushed back to the 'Boro, my sister & mother arrived at my house the same time we did. Anth & I got ready, the kids had a babysitter, & we all went to the Survivor dinner at the Doubletree in Nashville. We had a great time! I won a doorprize (spa facial)!!! I never win anything!! My mom won a door prize too..a great candle, then at the end they told everyone to look under their chair for a sticky note. Guess who won a beautiful floral centerpiece at our table...mom again. She has won so many door prizes since I've been in this world. Kinda funny! AND she gets pulled over a few times a year (she has a lead foot) & NEVER gets a ticket!! Too funny!
When we got home, I was ready to take that wig thing off. My sister massaged my head & it felt wonderful. Abby even tried to do it too. Bless her heart, this is a huge step toward accepting it. This is going to take some getting used to. I feel like I'm carrying a sign saying "Go ahead, stare at the wig!" It just hasn't become part of me yet. My head gets cold, so I keep a "do-rag" on at home. The wig is only for going out. It still has to be fine tuned per se. A lot more cutting & major highlights or lowlights whatever it needs to be more me.
I'm doing great, feel great, but Monday is coming. It is all good, thanks to our good Lord!! Thanks for everything! Keep praying daily for me.

1 comment:
Arthanise,
I just can't read this without tearing up. I can't imagine the emotions you and your family were experiencing. I get emotional just thinking about it. I think the wig looks great! I wouldn't have guessed it was a wig from the pictures. Hang in there!
Deana
Post a Comment