Saturday, November 17, 2007

I pray...

God is so good! Each time I sit it one of those chairs & wait for my turn to be hooked up I sit & pray. I pray most of all for no reaction. This can happen at any time, whether it is the first or tenth time you've had it. I pray that it will be a short period of feeling bad & that I can still be a great mom at least part of the week. I pray that every cancer cell is being stopped in its tracks. I pray for courage, strength, & no tears. I get somewhat emotional with each treatment. The fear of not knowing if it is truly working sometimes tries to creep in. I know this is a question of my faith in our Lord & I should not ever doubt HIS abilities. I know he has got to be working on things in my body. It is just too strange not to be having the nausea, & most of all the pain that I'm suppose to be having with the many bone lesions that are from my shoulders to my thigh bones. I'm looking forward to having my next scan to see what has actually taken place. Even though I get that great tasting vanilla contrast (2 bottles)!

This week has been uneventful. Monday night was probably the worst. It was if I was having an out of body experience. I just felt weird. For the most part, I think the steroids they gave me as premeds before the chemo were the culprit. I was nippy, & just wanted to crawl under the covers & hide. I went to bed early because no one could stand to be around me. I called my mom & she came to the rescue on Tuesday morning & stayed until Wednesday afternoon. Having Mom here allowed me to get some extra rest. Anthony & I got to have a date night on Friday. Both kids were spending the night with friends, so that was a nice quiet evening.

My friend just called to see when she needed to pick me up in the morning. Another long day having to get all three drugs. These usually make me feel the worst. I'm hoping it won't affect my appetite for Thanksgiving. If so I can eat with my families over the weekend. It doesn't matter if I miss out on Thursday. It is just another day. I'm thankful for each day I have now. This time next year I will look back & this blog will just be a memory...I pray.

4 comments:

Glo said...

Praying for you a you gear up for tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Praying with you this morning. Oh...and no matter how bad you feel, you ARE a great mom. Feeling well has nothing to do with the lessons you are teaching your children every day about faith, perseverence, honesty, vulnerability, strength...those are lessons they are getting IN VOLUME as they watch you walk through the good AND the bad. You are a great mom, and a great friend. I love you!

Glo said...

Hope things went well with you today! Even though I do not know you, I have a feeling the things Jeanine mentioned are absolutely true.

Tonight I am praying Matthew 11:28-30 over you!

"Come to Me all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Father, I pray for physical rest for Arthanise. I pray that she will sleep well and that the effects from her treatment would be minimal. Gracious God, I ask that she would also receive rest from the emotional and mental burden that she bears. In the times when fear creeps in, I ask that you would pour out Your peace. Take her burden and replace it with Your yoke. May her soul truly find rest in You.
In the Precious Name of Your Son I pray these things...AMEN!

Anonymous said...

Arthanise,

You are on the prayer list with my fellow MOPS members. I have shared your story with them and they are touched and inspired by your faith. I hope you enjoy this holiday with your family. I pray you will feel stronger and better with each passing day.

All my love,
Deana