My week has been a whirlwind. Monday was a no chemo day, so a dear friend & I went down to Atlanta market to get some great jewelry & other fun stuff for the Susan G. Komen Nashville affiliate. The race is this Saturday, so as their buyer I had to somehow/someway get down to Atlanta & make some purchases. We left Sunday night & came back Monday night. Tuesday, my youngest had a fieldtrip to a Franklin pumpkin patch. It was a neat farm & the kids enjoyed their day out of the classroom. I then proceeded to get the jewelry to my Komen friend & rush back to the 'Boro for an infusion of Zometa. This strengthens my bones, yet one of the side effects is bone pain. They were able to use my new port. The areas around it are slow in healing which scares me. Please continue to pray that these heal & I can keep my port.
My hair continues to come out by the handfuls. I have gotten where I dread another thing...washing my hair. It is amazing that my hair has lasted this long. Being thick helped extend the process. My scalp is tender & it hurts to run the brush through it. It feels as if someone is tugging on my hair. I haven't been tender headed since I was a child. I'm now reliving it. To continue my week chat, Tuesday night ended with the children at a Halloween party & a haunted hayride. We had a great time & I got to see some people, & got lots of hugs, which is always helpful. Wednesday was a bad day. I could tell on Tuesday night after we got home that the Zometa was kicking in. I lost it in front of the kids. The poor things are getting use to my crying moments. So needless to say, I was in bed all day Wednesday. It was also wash the hair day...another crying moment. Anthony came to my rescue, thank God. I was determined to go out on Halloween night, even for a little while. We walked around our neighborhood, until the kids buckets were full, then we went to our backdoor neighbors' house for chili. We all had a good time. It forced me to push on & try to forget the pain I was experiencing.
Thursday I started working on my jewelry purchases. I'm like the Tupperware girl, but with jewelry & purses. Hint for all of you ladies who need some cute gifts. That gets me to Friday, & I have an appointment at the oncologist this morning. More labwork...they are just vampires there. Every time I walk in they want some of it. My counts have been good these last two weeks. That brings me to later today. We are checking the children out of school early & driving to Bellevue so I can get my "Brittany Spears" shaved look & my new "virgin hair". Those two don't belong in the same sentence...HA! I'm somewhat ready for this, because my head is hurting terribly. Also I won't have to dread washing my hair anymore. This hair only has to be washed every two weeks & will already be straight. That will make for recording breaking getting ready time!! I may beat my husband now. I will post pictures of the process.
My sweet sister comes into town this afternoon. Tonight is the Survivor's Dinner for the Komen foundation in Nashville. My mother, sister, Anth & I are all going. Tomorrow is Race for the Cure at Bicentennial Mall. The kids are really looking forward to it. They had so much fun last year.
Thanks again for all your prayers, posts & support. It really helps to know that people care. Sweet Jeanine reminded me of a couple of verses when I was melting on Wednesday. 1 Peter 3:3-4
Friday, November 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hi Arthanise,
I'm glad the Brittney process will give your tender noggin some much deserved relief. I'm happier still that the Brittney emulation stops there. Those weaves? Not so attractive. And wearing short skirts without appropriate foundation garments, well that's just common as pig tracks. But, I digress.
I will be on a retreat this weekend which will give me the opportunity for quiet, focused prayer time. I will continue praying for relief from the pain, healing at the port site, and your rapid return to cancer-free health. As you enjoy the beautiful day tomorrow with your family and feel the warm glow of peace within you, you'll know that many, many women -- some you will likely never meet -- are praying for you that very moment. Don't you just love when God does that!
You're my hero,
Lisa M.
I've been thinking of you all weekend. I can't wait to see your new look...and I guarantee you are WAAAAAYYY prettier than Britney with that beautiful light shining from within! I love you!
Arthanise,
It was so good to speak with you this week. It is nice to catch up with a friend. I hope you are doing well with the new "do". Let us know your get ready time. I bet you can beat Anthony!
Loves & Prayers,
Deana
You are truly amazing is all that I can say. You have been so strong. I know that God is what keeps you going as well as Anthony and the kids. You are so beautiful inside and out. That is what defines us, not our hair....Love you Winnie
Hey A,
Just checked out your blog. I work with your Mother, who has mentioned your progress. Looks like you have a very nice blog going here.
All our best wishes and prayers are with you -- just hang in there and you will make through these trying times.
Happy Central Standard Time!
Post a Comment