I've had a most wonderful week thanks to the good Lord!! The side effects have mainly been fatigue & extreme heartburn. I can handle that any day. I contribute this to the many, many prayers be lifted up for me!! Words cannot express the gratitude I have for so many loving, thoughtful people that are wrapping us in prayers. Without a support system of family & friends, this would be impossible. My stress level is being kept at a minimum because I know everyone is being taken care. My mother is a saint & has been staying with us three days a week. She will hardly allow one towel to be dirty. The children love having her around & for me it is nice having the company when I'm just lying around feeling crappy. AND our bichon Winnie loves mom too..she feeds her table scraps & has gained a few pounds. HA
Remember me this week because I get the triplet of drugs. Hopefully my blood counts will have recovered enough to take it again. Last night as we came home from Franklin after spending the evening with a couple of friends, the dread of Monday starting setting in again. It seems when the weekend gets here, I know it is going to go by super quick then I'm back to "the place" I will call it. Fighting those nasty little cells that decided one day to go haywire. I will sit in the chair with all the other club members while the sweet nurses come around checking on you, offering you food & drink, & watch my poison drip. I'm not mad or upset, this is the only way I can describe what Monday's are becoming for me. Each day the children ask when my hair is going to come out, & sadly this is probably the week. My thick dark hair is getting a bit thinner each day. My hairdresser said the bottom third was being robbed of nutrients, which is why it is drier. It is only hair. That is the least of my worries.
We did manage to get family photos made last Saturday. It was amazing seeing quality photos & realizing how much the children had changed since the last ones I had made. I can't wait to get our family portrait hung & compare again next year at this time when I'm well!
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. James 4:10
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment