Lately I wake up in the mornings & instantly feel what area is going to be "the hurt" for the day. This morning was different. You know the lump you feel in your throat when you have just received bad news or are extremely nervous? I felt a small one of those. I made lunches & saw Anth & the kids off to school as usual. I piddled around doing a few mom jobs, because all in all it seemed as if it was going to be a less painful day. By 11:00 I was worried. I called TN Oncology & spoke to a nurse. I told her I had a new port, & the spot at the bottom of my throat, where your collar bone meets in the middle, felt as if someone was choking me. Anth was finished seeing patients earlier than usual, so he came home & took me back to the clinic. We saw Dr. Deborah Williams, who immediately got a chest x-ray. No sign of pneumonia, or anything. We then went by Dr. Jimmy Carter's office. He was in a meeting & Anth eased into the conference room & asked him what we needed to do next. He said to get to the ER immediately to rule out a P.E. This had already raced through my mind. Got to the ER & as soon as they put the pulse oximetry on my finger & it showed 99% I knew is wasn't a pulmonary embolus (blood clot in the lung).
For the next five hours I rested, if you can call it that, had a CT of my head & chest, IV fluids, pain meds, & last but not least, a GI cocktail. This isn't nearly as good as a margarita. This relieved some of the fullness in my throat. It was a relief having Dexter Woods as my doctor for the day. His daughter Rachel & my Abby have been best friends since first grade. By 5:30 my friend Mel, (Dexter's wife) busted me out of that joint. I had sent Anthony back to the office around 2, because he had patients & there was no need for him to sit & look at me. For those of you that know him, you know how he just talks your ears off. HA! I love you Anth!
Continue to pray for God's healing. I put my faith daily in his hands. I cannot handle this burden alone. It is his now.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
In Him,
a
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I will share with our SS class tomorrow. We have a strong praying group of women, so know you are being covered in prayer. We will keep in touch to see if there is anything you or your family needs. You know us Baptist women can cook!!! - remember Hebrews 11:1 Hold onto God for your strength and your "fight" - attitude is a big part of getting through this. God bless
Delete It "Cancel"
Post a Comment